Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are high in antioxidants, and packed with essential nutrients like magnesium, zinc, and protein. Pumpkin seeds are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways within your diet. Here are some suggestions:
1. Roasted Snack: You can roast pumpkin seeds with a bit of oil and your choice of spices for a healthy, crunchy snack.
2. Salad Topping: Add them to your salads for an extra crunch and boost of nutrients.
3. Soup Garnish: Sprinkle them on top of your soup to add a contrasting texture.
4. Baking: You can incorporate pumpkin seeds into your bread, muffins, or cookies for added flavor and texture.
5. Granola and Trail Mix: Mix them with your favorite nuts and dried fruits to make a homemade granola or trail mix.
6. Pesto: You can use pumpkin seeds instead of pine nuts to make a unique version of pesto.
7. Smoothies: Add them to your smoothies for an extra dose of protein and healthy fats.
8. Cereal or Yogurt: Sprinkle them on your morning cereal or yogurt for a nutritious start to your day.
9. Pumpkin Seed Butter: You can grind them into a seed butter, similar to almond or peanut butter.
10. In Cooking: They can be used in a variety of dishes, from Mexican cuisine like mole and pipian, to rice dishes, and even desserts.
Remember, it's best to consume them in moderation due to their high calorie content. Enjoy!